19 June 2011

Happy Father's Day

It's my first Father's Day and my first post in a long time. I think that I was seriously unprepared for how exhausting being a dad is in these first few months. My son is the most amazing beautiful creature and holding him lights me up in every possible way. When he's not inexplicably crying (wailing) and refusing to nap.

There have been ups and downs, in regards to family and friends, but mostly ups.  We have had some great support from friends and family in ways that make me feel guilty for being so loved. Trying to open my heart to receive has been harder than I thought and I think is something I'm going to have to work on for a while.

More later - time to drink some coffee and maybe get some brunch in (as long as he isn't too fussy.)

No comments:

Post a Comment